Freelance Content Director // Bridge & Tunnel
Client: New Balance
Project: The Runaway
A New Balance pub exclusively for runners – where the only currency accepted was miles run.
By tracking miles run on Strava, New Balance rewarded runners training for the London Marathon by swapping their miles for free pints.
– Creative concepting for social assets
– Design briefing and creative direction for social assets
– Content briefing for influencers
– Video briefing and creative direction
– Social tone-of-voice and copywriting
– Social application of global campaign branding
Tapping into the growing popularity of the post-run beer culture, The Runaway Pub was launched to engage runners and enable them to participate with the brand in a unique and authentic way. By setting regular challenges and tracking how many miles they had run using the Strava app, we encouraged social sharing to create noise for New Balance within the highly-targeted running community.